[V4RB] -39 Error

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Tue May 20 22:25:29 CDT 2003

le 20-05-03 20:26, Francois Van Lerberghe <fvanlerberghe at freegates.be> a
écrit :

> le 20-05-03 19:08, Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> a écrit :
>
>> When you nodify db structure, you must be VERY careful that YOUR changes in
>> structure exactly reflected by changes in RB Classes. Double Check this !!!
>>
>> If you have reduce length of a string field,
>> May be in BaseObject constructor you still say old length ?
>
> I'm sure I'm a good developer who don't make this kind of mistake. But, ok,
> I'm going to double check this...
>
> Oooh ! Damned ! I just see I'm not as good.
> My mistake here : I have modify an other String field in the BaseObject
> constructor.
> Should I not have an error opening the db ?
>
> I test the result ASAP and I let you know. Sorry for the annoyance and thank
> you for your attention.

Unfortunately, I've fixed the error in the BaseObject constructor (assigning
the modification to the right field) but this doesn't change anything. The
error -39 is always there. I've tested starting with a backup with old
structure, but I haven't any difference.

I'm going to send you the db.

François Van Lerberghe
Thier Monty, 15A
B-4570 Marchin