[V4RB] -39 Error

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 20 12:08:54 CDT 2003

on 5/20/03 11:35 AM, Francois Van Lerberghe at fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
wrote:

Hi Francois,

> I have this error too when I have a db created/used in Windows OS and I open
> it in MacOs. The inverse is the same. This doesn't happen before I modify
> the DB structure.

What you mean "modify DB Structure"?
For newer version of your app?

Is DB created for FIRST version of your app ?

Or this problem happen for FRESH db created by your App 2.0 ?
Then you should be able reproduce it for me.

> This error is related to the corruption of some String fields (containing
> bugged values : strange characters displayed in VAPP). Fortunately, This
> happen in only one table that have only one record.

I think for VarChar fields. String field practically cannot be corrupted.

> To solve this, I have to :
> - open the DB on the first OS
> - export the record in text format on the first OS
> - open the DB in the second OS
> (doing a SQL select raise error -39)
> - delete all record from this corrupted  table (one record in this case)
> - import the file previously saved on the first OS
>
> Note that for successfully open my DB in both OS,
> - I have to transfer only the ".blb" and ".dat" files. The ".ind" must be
> rebuild and the".vdb" must be generated in the target OS because of method
> fields containing ASCII > 127 (due to fields name having ASCII > 127)
> - Now (after the structure modification), I must do the export/import trick
> at each transfer.
> :=(

I think you have made some mistake.
You use RB?

IT looks you describe 2 problems.

1) BaseObject method with chars > 127 is not portable?
    why this characters here?

2) -39 error.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com