[V4RB] -39 Error

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Tue May 20 10:35:14 CDT 2003

le 20-05-03 9:12, Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> a écrit :

> on 5/20/03 4:08 AM, Cindy at alvin at ins.co.nz wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Whenever I try to add a new entry to one of my database's it comes up with a
>> -39 Error. I see this when I am in VAPP. I have found this is an End of File
>> Error. Can anybody please tell me how this error could occur and what I do
>> to fix it?
>
> Hi Cindy,
>
> 1) try to make diagnose using VAPP
>
> 2) this could happens in case of system/app crash.
> Or if you debug in RB and press KILL debugging you also have chance get
> this.

I have this error too when I have a db created/used in Windows OS and I open
it in MacOs. The inverse is the same. This doesn't happen before I modify
the DB structure.
This error is related to the corruption of some String fields (containing
bugged values : strange characters displayed in VAPP). Fortunately, This
happen in only one table that have only one record.

To solve this, I have to :
- open the DB on the first OS
- export the record in text format on the first OS
- open the DB in the second OS
  (doing a SQL select raise error -39)
- delete all record from this corrupted  table (one record in this case)
- import the file previously saved on the first OS

Note that for successfully open my DB in both OS,
- I have to transfer only the ".blb" and ".dat" files. The ".ind" must be
rebuild and the".vdb" must be generated in the target OS because of method
fields containing ASCII > 127 (due to fields name having ASCII > 127)
- Now (after the structure modification), I must do the export/import trick
at each transfer.
:=(