parallel lineal numerical string comparison algorithm

Andy Fuchs andy at foxwerk.de
Sun May 18 13:06:53 CDT 2003

at 18.05.2003 9:13 Uhr, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> ) db do not keep a lots of redundant names of attributes in each record.
> 2) now you can use indexes of Valentina
> 3) numeric values stored as numbers but not as text.
>
> What you think about this ?

Hi Ruslan,

i think you are right. Having all those XML-Tags in the database increases
size of the db and makes indexes much harder to create/update.

Oracle 9i can use XML-Fields in the way you described. Tags are separated
from text and so you can manipulate the field's values separately.

-- Andy Fuchs
-- silent movie media
-- mailto:andy at foxwerk.de
-- http://www.silent-movie-media.com