[ALL] let's think about Query Language for 2.0

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Fri May 16 21:22:57 CDT 2003

On 16-05-2003 21:16, "Lynn Fredricks" <fci at europa.com> wrote:

>> I told REAL Software a few times, and tell you now: look at
>> how 4D got that big, because it IS an awesome product.
>
> An FYI about REAL and 4D -- REAL is extremely aware of 4D as an
> environment. Geoff Perlman, CEO of REAL Software used to be head of
> ACI's training group and has written a book on 4D.

Then he knows how the 4D language perfectly interacts with the underlying
database engine, which has proven to me and my co-workers to be very
productive.

But 4D is not half as much fun to develop in than REALbasic, so I keep
hoping that REAL and Valentina get together and develop a mix of the two
products, looking at 4D, but not duplicating the dull procedures and 'slow'
database activities. Keep the strength, but also improve by looking at how
others did it.

I am not technical enough to say: "Hey, Ruslan, you should do your queries
this and that, and store the objects such or so", but I will follow this
list and also do that for RB's, so that I can come up with positive feedback
when I read something I do know about.