[V4RB] VCursor.Field(x).RecID gone?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 16 15:38:20 CDT 2003

on 5/16/03 3:12 PM, Peter De Berdt at peter.de.berdt at pandora.be wrote:

> I just installed the newest beta of the V4RB plug-in resolving the
> database creation issue on Win32.
>
> My application that compiled fine in the past now gives me an error
> on mCursor.Field(1).RecID, which I have used successfully in the
> past.

Hmm, in any case this is not correct syntax
Should be

        mCursor.ULongField( "RecID" )

Or you have try access RecID property of field?
Yes it seems I have remove this, because this was wrong idea.
Because if TMP table is created, this RecID will point to TMP table.

> I know I can get the record id by including it in the query (be
> it explicitly or by using **) but the problem is my cursor is as
> follows:
>
> mdatabase.SQLSelect("SELECT DISTINCT Export_ID FROM MyTable WHERE
> MyRelation_Ptr="+str(mdatabase.mytable.GetRecID)+" ORDER BY
> Export_ID")
>
> If I include record ID in the query, my whole table is returned
> instead of the unique Export_IDs, which gives me trouble when using
> these values in a query to a 4D Database two lines further down my
> code.

Peter, but if you do DISTINCT, then NO SENSE to get RecID !!!

Look, let 10 records have the same Export_ID
Valentina select only one of them into result.
So what RecID you of these 10 records you think you get???

Ambiguity.
This is why you MUST NOT and CANNOT access it.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com