[V4RB] Database creation speed inconsistencies

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Wed May 14 18:50:26 CDT 2003

Hi,

I have made tests creating a database with several tables on Mac OS X,
Windows 98 and XP. I get awful results with XP. It is x13 slower than X
and almost x3 slower than my old PC with Windows 98...

G4/533/1,5GB.................6"
P2/433MMX/256MB.............30"
P4/2Ghz/512MB...............80"

The database is made of 20 small tables containing some strings,
integer, boolean and double fields. The init function set a 5MB cache
and the create function use a segment size of 1024 to get small files.
Why is it so slow on XP and so fast on X?

Stan

MAX Programming LLC - http://maxprog.com - Investigation & development
     Store | <http://store.maxprog.com/>    mailto:orders at maxprog.com
  Products | <http://products.maxprog.com/> mailto:info at maxprog.com