Does unicode correctly works?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 12 20:56:38 CDT 2003

Hi CodeWarriors,

I need add to Valentina database unicode support.
As I understand, Classic must be dropped for this task.
So let's speak about Carbon and Windows.

If I will use CodeWarrior, then will correctly works
    wisspace()
    wtolower()
    wstrcmp()
?

I need both UTF8 and UTF16 strings.

Am I right that since we work with Unicode strings, then ALL languages
automatically must be supported for all above operations and we should not
even touch "locales" ?

Does exists any examples in CodeWarrior that show work with unicode?

Note, I prefer not to use CFString of MacOS,
Instead I'd prefer to use w____ functions to get cross-platform code.

So what way is right ?

Thank you in advance for any enlighten.

Ruslan Zasukhin               [ I feel the need...the need for speed ]
Paradigma Software                        http://www.paradigmasoft.com

Valentina is cross-platform, fantastic fast database engine, supports
C/C++,Java,JDBC,SQL,Director,REALbasic,PHP,XCMD,COM,Visual BASIC......