NOT SOLVED! vserver client error 9

Christer Olsson christer at ljusaideer.se
Thu May 8 10:07:31 CDT 2003

>Good morning Ruslan,
>
>> Bad news.
>
>:-(
>
>> I have set AppleTalk ON, but it still works for me fine, and no error 9 on
>> my side.
>>
>> Night mare.
>
>Just to be clear. You'll need to quit and restart the IDE for the AppleTalk
>setting to be recognized by RB. I'm hoping this was a missed step and the
>nightmare can end :-)
>
>My exact steps were:
>
>1. Turn AppleTalk on.
>2. Start Server (already configured)
>3. Start RB with Single Table Project (from 17 client)
>4. Run from IDE -- error 9
>5. Quit RB
>6. Turn AppleTalk off.
>7. Start RB with Single Table Project (from 17 client)
>8. Run from IDE -- no errors :-)
>
>Can others confirm or deny this behavior?

I can confirm this and add one more data point. When I first tried 4.5.3 and reported success (i.e no Error 9) I did have Appletalk turned on - on my not connected Ethernet port on my Powerbook. But when I turned Appletalk on on my Airport card instead (and thus had to disable it on Ethernet) I also got the Error 9 in the IDE.

Mac OS X 10.2.5 (still at home with that crappy ADSL :-)
RB 4.5.3