NOT SOLVED! vserver client error 9

Keith DeLong delong at redcort.com
Wed May 7 08:06:20 CDT 2003

Good morning Ruslan,

> Bad news.

:-(

> I have set AppleTalk ON, but it still works for me fine, and no error 9 on
> my side.
>
> Night mare.

Just to be clear. You'll need to quit and restart the IDE for the AppleTalk
setting to be recognized by RB. I'm hoping this was a missed step and the
nightmare can end :-)

My exact steps were:

1. Turn AppleTalk on.
2. Start Server (already configured)
3. Start RB with Single Table Project (from 17 client)
4. Run from IDE -- error 9
5. Quit RB
6. Turn AppleTalk off.
7. Start RB with Single Table Project (from 17 client)
8. Run from IDE -- no errors :-)

Can others confirm or deny this behavior?
Here's the Mac V4RB links for you busy people:

Valentina Server Reference
http://www.paradigmasoft.com/docs/VServer.pdf

Valentina Server 2a7 [1.9.8b5] (Mac OS X)
http://www.paradigmasoft.com/download/VServer_Macho_beta.sit.bin

Valentina for REALbasic Client 2a7 (Mac+Car+Win32)
http://www.paradigmasoft.com/download/V4RB_Client_beta.sit.bin

> May happens that for Carbon and Classic target I will need drop GUSI
> And stick with OpenTransport directly.
> I very do not want to do this...because OpenTransport is double night mare
> as I have see it. Apple as always have implement something incredible
> complex, and no even good examples...

Ruslan, let's get some feedback from other RB users. I'm still hopeful it's
something in AppleTalk :-)

Keith