[VApp] How do I import a picture?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 6 00:22:56 CDT 2003

on 5/5/03 10:51 PM, Douglas Wagner at hdmw at macdev.co.uk wrote:

> Hello:
> I've attempted to import a JPG file into both a BLOB and a PICTURE
> field using Applescript but without success.
>
> I note the manual instructs one to "...create and fill in RAM header of
> picture record, which contains 4 + 4 + (2 + 8) = 18 bytes. Write this
> header into Picture field and then append context of JPG file (this
> context must start from 0xFFD8 marker)".

This info is mainly for low level developers

> What does all of this mean? Can someone give me an example of a RAM
> header and explain how this ought to be used.

Douglas,

1) it seems far far ago, Andy have solve this task.
    may be search list archive.

2) on Valentina APP download page, look on some third party example, that
describe very interesting things about scanned pictures...If I am not
mistake it can contains code to work with pictures via AS.

3) check in VAPP archive third party examples

I am sorry, I just do not remember exactly where this info is.
And note, you should use Picture field, not BLOB.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com