[VApp] How do I import a picture?

Douglas Wagner hdmw at macdev.co.uk
Mon May 5 20:51:03 CDT 2003

Hello:
I've attempted to import a JPG file into both a BLOB and a PICTURE
field using Applescript but without success.

I note the manual instructs one to "...create and fill in RAM header of
picture record, which contains 4 + 4 + (2 + 8) = 18 bytes. Write this
header into Picture field and then append context of JPG file (this
context must start from 0xFFD8 marker)".

What does all of this mean? Can someone give me an example of a RAM
header and explain how this ought to be used.

Thanks: DW