More crash info.

Gunnar Swan GunnarSwan at PracticeToPass.com
Sun May 4 17:08:53 CDT 2003

You'll have to swallow this pill to continue with Valentina.
Zav. I am preparing a movie that will demonstrate abstration of Valentina to overcome this.
If you make a mistake between the steps I previously sent, you will crash.
Valentina is not the only database to crash on a failure to open correctly.
There are LOTS.

>>   OpenDataBase(myDB, myDBPath,1) -- CREATE DATABASE FROM SCRATCH
>
>The above line instantly crashes Director if Valentina has
>(mistakenly or on purpose) not been inited.
>

>Valentina should exit GRACEFULLY from such a condition.

Agreed. But again, the key is to watch for the situation that might be an issue.
Never call Valentina without an init.
Using parent scripts ... and abstracting ... solves the problem.

Best Regards,
Gunnar Swan
http://www.PracticeToPass.Com