REALbasic 4.5.3 and error 9 in V4RB Client.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 5 01:25:22 CDT 2003

on 5/5/03 1:08 AM, Keith DeLong at delong at redcort.com wrote:

Hi Keith,

>>> I know this is maddening but please keep track of our reports so you know
>>> exactly where you are in troubleshooting this. It feels to me like you're
>>> chasing your tail ;-).
>>>
>>> As I reported to you last week, error 9 happens in in the IDE in RB 4.5.3
>>> AND 5.1.
>>
>> Then I do not understand,.
>
>> 4.5.2fc1 and 4.5.3 works 100% fine for me.
>
> I've been pondering the variables between your system and your users.
> What I've ruled out:
>
> 1. Where the project is stored (in server, in RB folder etc)

It is on desktop.
Server is in its own folder in deep of HDD.
REALbasic also in own folder.

> 2. OS version and developer tools extras

10.2.5
Dec Developer Tools installed.
All like on your machine.

> 3. RB version

I have try 4.5.2fc1 and 4.5.3 and 5.1

> 4. Other plugins

In 4.5.2 there are some plugins, but I do not use them.
4.5.3 from you, is clean. Only Valentina.

> What about some other software?

I do not see any special staff here..

> Since I do not have code warrior, to you have a Mac without it that you can
> test here?

No such MAC. But I do not think this is CodeWarrior effect.
On OS X it not install anything into system.
And I have try to work under CW debugger (it works) and without debugger (it
works)...

> Better yet, can you boot from MacOS CD and test the project with a virgin
> OS?
> I will try the same.

I can try to do this.
Actually I have 2 HDDs in my computer.
And I can easy install OS X on some of volume...
Yes, probably this is a way to go.

>> Only RB 5.1 produce error 9.
>
> This is perplexing. Since I see it in 4.5.3 it cannot be simply the new
> external compiling in RB 5.1. Since this is the exact same error you see in
> 4.5.3 I'm betting that if you solve one you will solve the other.

Wait, what error I see in 4.5.3?
4.5.3 works fine on my side.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com