REALbasic 4.5.3 and error 9 in V4RB Client.

Keith DeLong delong at redcort.com
Sun May 4 15:08:28 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

>> I know this is maddening but please keep track of our reports so you know
>> exactly where you are in troubleshooting this. It feels to me like you're
>> chasing your tail ;-).
>>
>> As I reported to you last week, error 9 happens in in the IDE in RB 4.5.3
>> AND 5.1.
>
> Then I do not understand,.

> 4.5.2fc1 and 4.5.3 works 100% fine for me.

I've been pondering the variables between your system and your users.
What I've ruled out:

1. Where the project is stored (in server, in RB folder etc)
2. OS version and developer tools extras
3. RB version
4. Other plugins

What about some other software?

Since I do not have code warrior, to you have a Mac without it that you can
test here?

Better yet, can you boot from MacOS CD and test the project with a virgin
OS?

I will try the same.

> Only RB 5.1 produce error 9.

This is perplexing. Since I see it in 4.5.3 it cannot be simply the new
external compiling in RB 5.1. Since this is the exact same error you see in
4.5.3 I'm betting that if you solve one you will solve the other.

I'm rooting for you,

Keith