Crash o rific

Zav - Alex Zavatone zavpublic at mac.com
Sun May 4 13:16:01 CDT 2003

Ok.  This is beyond frustration.  It appears that I can not use
Valentina without having it bring down Director when I try something
new.  Like creating databases.

It is for reasons like this that I am not allowed a gun permit in the
United States.  Canada and Mexico are another story.

Is this thing just fragile as hell?  I have taken to not breathing
near my laptop lest the disturbance in the air forces cause Director
MX to vaporize when V is running.  Do I have to check for a V error
after EVERY call?  DO I have to check the type of a passed variable
EVERY time lest I pass the wrong thing and cause V to nuke DMX?  I
STILL can not get anything done, V's not like director where you can
play and try things out without worrying about having it kill your
current project.

Are there any guidelines of how to play in the world of Valentina so
that 1) I can get it to not crash Director MX OS X 10.2.5 and 2) how
to actually get stuff done?

I'm only STILL trying to create a simple database, add records and
get them when I need to.
1 table, 3 string fields.

This should not be rocket surgery.

This should NOT be so hard or crash prone.

general ideas anyone?

- Zav
May you find pleasure in my misery since I sure don't.