[V4RB] Valentina Logo and Copyright info

Lynn Fredricks fci at europa.com
Sat Mar 29 12:02:48 CST 2003

> I don't understand your comment, Ruslan in a previous
> response said he really liked the idea and I was just
> agreeing with him that I like it too. To quote Ruslan...

Its to demonstrate superficially the differences between REALbasic and
Valentina and actually better fits with my point at the end of my
message here.

> Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
> > Richard Altenburg wrote:
> >> For my About-box, I changed the colors to fit my needs,
> and that is
> >> already nice, because I also have a REALbasic icon to put
> somewhere
> >> and REAL Software does not give me that freedom (but I must admit,
> >> REAL does give me a choice to join the Made With REALbasic
> program or
> >> not, in the latter case no logo is needed).
> >>
> >> I think you should do the same: have a Made With Valentina
> program,
> >> and if one joines, he has to put a logo somewhere. In
> return YOU guys
> >> should do something to promote our applications. Because it is our
> >> applications that promote Valentina, not Valentina itself!
> >
> > As for me this sounds quite reasonable, Lynn.
> > As for me, I also always prefer to have choices!
> >
> > Lynn, can we go by this way also?
> > I like it

I agree (and recommended in an earlier post) that more flexibility is a
possibility in a future version of the EULA.

> Realbasic  is a tool and so is Valentina. Realbasic uses the
> basic language and valentina uses SQL. Realbasic includes
> libraries in the end application and so does valentina. Your
> distinction here between the usage of realbasic and valentina
> is an artificial one, so why would the logo issue be different?

It's a market driven difference, which is my point with mentioning the
Qualcomm label. Valentina is a special technology, just like CDMA.

> The opt-in strategy like the made with REALBasic program is
> a very good idea and should be adopted for valentina.

It's a fair idea, but I don't see it applicable to Valentina.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Proactive International, LLC