[V4RB] Valentina Logo and Copyright info

Brendan Murphy bmurf at comcast.net
Sat Mar 29 10:03:33 CST 2003

Lynn Fredricks wrote:
>> I really like the "opt-in" strategy (similar to the "Made
>> with REALBasic" program") for the logo issue. Then we the
>> customers will feel like we are getting something for our
>> efforts. That is a win-win situation.
>
> The logo issue is different for REALbasic and Valentina. Valentina is
> first and foremost a technology. That makes it substantially different
> from a product like REALbasic. Ever see a telephone with the word
> "Qualcomm" on it? They sell the CDMA technology in the phone, they
> don't
> make the phone (they dumped making phones because they screwed up
> anyway). It's the same case with Valentina.

I don't understand your comment, Ruslan in a previous response said
he really liked the idea and I was just agreeing with him that I like
it too. To quote Ruslan...

Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
> Richard Altenburg wrote:
>> For my About-box, I changed the colors to fit my needs, and
>> that is already nice, because I also have a REALbasic icon
>> to put somewhere and REAL Software does not give me that
>> freedom (but I must admit, REAL does give me a choice to
>> join the Made With REALbasic program or not, in the latter
>> case no logo is needed).
>>
>> I think you should do the same: have a Made With Valentina
>> program, and if one joines, he has to put a logo somewhere.
>> In return YOU guys should do something to promote our
>> applications. Because it is our applications that promote
>> Valentina, not Valentina itself!
>
> As for me this sounds quite reasonable, Lynn.
> As for me, I also always prefer to have choices!
>
> Lynn, can we go by this way also?
> I like it

Realbasic  is a tool and so is Valentina. Realbasic uses the
basic language and valentina uses SQL. Realbasic includes
libraries in the end application and so does valentina. Your
distinction here between the usage of realbasic and
valentina is an artificial one, so why would the logo issue
be different?

The opt-in strategy like the made with REALBasic program is
a very good idea and should be adopted for valentina.