[VSRV] Valentina Server a1 for OS X uploaded.

Frank Schima frank-list at mindstarprods.com
Sat Mar 29 07:37:39 CST 2003

On Saturday, March 29, 2003, at 01:29  AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> on 3/29/03 3:51 AM, Keith DeLong at delong at redcort.com wrote:
>
>> I can start the server but neither RB client will run. They both
>> crash the
>> IDE on launch under both RB 4.5.3 and RB 5.1b3. I made sure I was
>> using the
>> new V4RB plugin. G4/733 Mac running OS X 10.2.4 with 768 MB RAM.
>
> Hmm,
>
> I have check here, with RB 4.5.2 and with RB 4.0 and it start fine.
>
> Once again, you simply run start REALbasic and it crashes?
> You even not open any dialog?
>
> Can you send me crash log?
>
> So anybody else can confirm this.
> We need info.

Here are my results using RB 4.5.3.

I setup the server and ran it. I set the database directory on another
volume.

Then I ran the "single table" project. It runs fine, so I selected
"New" then add 100,000 records. But it just seems to run forever. I had
to force quit. A new Database1 was created on my specified volume but
it is only 1 MB. Next time I ran it (after quitting and restarting
VServer), I selected "Open" and then add 100,000 records. It just froze
again. Next time I used the debugger and it got stuck on the line:

res = c.Add

So it never seems to successfully add a record.

The other project "Access by Name" had a syntax error with the Connect
command. It lacked a 5th parameter and did not check the return value.
So i added those like in the other project. I then ran it and it
crashed immediately.

Frank

---
Frank Schima                <mailto:frank-list at mindstarprods.com>