[V4RB] Valentina Logo and Copyright info

Yennie at aol.com Yennie at aol.com
Fri Mar 28 13:19:28 CST 2003

Brendan,

I believe these are some of the reasons why you would be labelled as
complaining or such:

"The valentina logo would look like like an over grown wart in that
environment."

"It would be like sticking a pepsi logo on the Mona Lisa painting."

"your logo is ugly"

"There is no delicate way to put this, but your logo stinks as a piece of
artwork. If it was half way decent, then I may not be as miffed about the
logo requirement."

"As a valentina customer, this pisses me off!"

"You are attempting to use my application for your own marketing purposes"

"...do you think that I am that stupid?"

"Why do you patronize my comments?"

Use terms like "pissed off", "over grown wart", "miffed", "stinks", "half way
decent", etc tend to hide even valid points. There's a difference between
being honest and offensive. You've raised some valid points and they are
being discussed. There's no need for any "ugly stuff". If the logo doesn't
fit your marketing materials, just say so. There's no need to be derogatory,
especially considering the lively discussion that has voluntarily sprouted
over this.

It seems to me that civil, mature conversations about changes to Valentina go
over quite well on this list.

I'm sure you are not the first to get a little colorful on the list
(including in this thread), so this is not intended to single you out- just
to illustrate why you may feel some resistance.

Brian