[V4RB] Valentina Logo and Copyright info

Yennie at aol.com Yennie at aol.com
Fri Mar 28 12:56:05 CST 2003

Just to chime in on this one item: not only is a compiled application not
necessarily more secure, but often troublesome to require. For example, with
VXCMD I can distribute a standalone compiled application that reveals the
serial in a plain text editor if I don't secure my scripts (optional in
xCards). I can also distribute a stack (i.e. non-compiled "document" form)
which *is* secure. Of course the reverse is true of each: I can easily create
secure applications and non-secure document files.

IOW, "compiled" might want to be redefined. If you really want, you could
provide serial-limited versions of Valentina products- i.e. a Valentina
library which accepts only ONE serial number given to specific licensee. That
way, if someone stole the serial it would only work if they were willing to
also lug around the exact file which came with it.

This would be more work- Ruslan would have to cut a whole bunch of individual
libraries for licensed users' products, but I think it may be more to the
point than a "compiled" app clause.

Personally I'd vote for neither, or even a clause which prohibits including
the serial in plain text anywhere in a file regardless of implementation-
that would at least give the developer a little more flexibility.

FWIW.

<<