[V4RB] Valentina Logo and Copyright info

Brendan Murphy bmurf at comcast.net
Fri Mar 28 02:38:17 CST 2003

Lynn Fredricks wrote:
> This is probably the most likely alternative for the royalty free EULA,
> giving folks the choice between putting it in the About Box or sticking
> it in an appropriate place in online help, and possibly also including
> some base guidelines for alternations. A few licensees have asked for
> the right to change sizes and colors to fit their branding better, and
> don't think we've said no to any yet.
>
> I think if we did change to do it this way, then it gives developers
> the
> flexibility they need if they want to strictly follow the A.HIG or
> other
> platform interface guidelines or not, and it would still serve the
> intended purpose. Better solution?

The about box and the splash screen are very important
elements of a program since they provide the first
impression of the program to the end user. In my case the
valentina logo will horribly clash with what I have
artistically planned for those elements. It would be like
sticking a pepsi logo on the Mona Lisa painting.

So, being able to put it in the online help would be a very
acceptable solution. I vote for this change in the EULA.