[V4RB] Valentina Logo and Copyright info

Brendan Murphy bmurf at comcast.net
Fri Mar 28 02:22:02 CST 2003

Lynn Fredricks wrote:
>> You require that we fill out a commercial publisher
>> agreement and send it into you. For what purpose? I get
>> nothing out of it. You never state what you will do with
>> such information from the agreement. What purpose does this
>> agreement serve?
>>
>> My suggestion to you is to drop the logo requirement and
>> drop the commercial publisher agreement.
>
> Ive read your comments and everyone elses responses to this point -- I
> don't think I can add much more to what others have said but to
> reiterate that you are licensing another company's technology. The
> reason why should be clear -- it's to know who is using Valentina,
> ensure that its being used in accordance with the license and also to
> propagate it.

It should be explicitly written in the agreement what
purpose this information is used for and what protections
will be placed on the information provided by the developer.
For example, Paradigm will not use the information provided
for marketing purposes such as posting information about my
application on their web site as an example of an
application that uses valentina.