[V4RB] Valentina Logo and Copyright info

Carsten Friehe vallist at gmx.de
Thu Mar 27 20:47:24 CST 2003

Hi!

>This is a problem. First, are there any penalties with not completely
>conforming to HIG?

No there are not. It is only a suggestion. Apple itself is doing things
against the guidelines. You will find it in the About box of the Finder
(the logo is to big there).

> Im not trying to avoid your question, just asking
>because I know some people have to ship *now* and coming up with a
>solution takes time. If we are forced to consider AHIG then we also
>should look at what's going on with what MS recommends for Windows,
>unless we consider a more global change in how the logo works.

Just rethink it. I have no problem showing the Valentina logo anywhere in
my application. I had it in my old About box since the About box exists.
But it is the old red one. Also the logo should be available in the format
(size and fileformat) in which it should be shown in the application. I
don't have any application that can convert EPS into something I can put
into a REALbasic application.

Carsten