[V4RB] Valentina Logo and Copyright info

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Thu Mar 27 19:14:42 CST 2003

On 27-03-2003 18:07, "Lynn Fredricks" <fci at europa.com> wrote:

> This is a problem. First, are there any penalties with not completely
> conforming to HIG? Im not trying to avoid your question, just asking
> because I know some people have to ship *now* and coming up with a
> solution takes time. If we are forced to consider AHIG then we also
> should look at what's going on with what MS recommends for Windows,
> unless we consider a more global change in how the logo works.

My guess is that you should have read the guidelines for th eplatform you
run on before writing your license agreement.

I have made the Valentina logo (and the REALbasic logo) fit into an
About-box, but hardly have any room for my own company details.

Especially having to place also some text in this box is annoying me, it is
very hard to make a decent About-screen with all this third party
information in it.

As a long-time Apple-user, I try hard to follow guidelines and try to build
neast interfaces. The About-box is the first thing new users see, and they
will have to feel good about it to look any further. So I hope you come up
with a good looking option (I do like the Valentina-logo, though).