Can't connect to database from within Revolution using 1.9.x

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Mar 22 10:35:07 CST 2003

on 3/21/03 12:17 AM, Trevor DeVore at trevor at mangomultimedia.com wrote:

> On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 05:08  PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>>>
>>> I am on OS X.2.4.  I actually just sent an email to the Rev guys.  I
>>> will see what they say.
>>
>> Then this is not RAM....
>>
>> Do you have MetaCard?
>> I do test here with MetaCard only.
>> I know that Rev guys do use Valentina self with Rev,
>> So I never have self try it with Rev.
>>
>> In any case it must work.
>>
>> I don't know if Rev can open MC stacks ?
>> Then again, try run VXCMD mc_example.mc example stack
>
> You can open MC stacks in Rev.  I opened the mc_example that came with
> the VXCMD download but I get errors with the code that says:
> get Valentina ("SetDebugLevel", 3)
>
> That doesn't seem to be a function that Rev has available to it.
>
> I will see what Rev says.

Trevor,

I have realize that Ron do use VXCMD 1.9.7 with Revolution.
Yes, Ron?

Trevor have some strange problems to run VXCMD 1.9.7 with Revolution...

----
Trevor. So you have use VXCMD 1.8, yes?
And switch to VXCMD 1.9.7, yes?

But have you REPLACE in YOUR stack then CODE resource -- second part of
VXCMD?

Deal is that new VXCMD have it different.

Check this point. I now sure that this is source of your problem.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com