[V4MD] Question about the SQLExecute Command

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Mar 14 12:13:47 CST 2003

>Hi,
>>  In fact if you want work with NULLs you need do MORE work self.
>>
>>  You need BEFORE get value of field,
>>  Call method IsNull( fldref )
>But I like to SET the value to NULL. The Methode "IsNull" returns me only if
>the field is NULL.
>I think the problem is, if i use the "insert-command", Valentina set the
>Year of a NULL Datevalue to "2000", why it doesn't set the hole date to 0
>like "00.00.0000"?
>
>Carsten

Carsten, I may be wrong but i think that your field is set to null as
expected but you are not handling the returned value correctly (the
display function auto-adds 2000 to a short year which I think it is
documented somewhere).

In order to see what ViSQL shows you need sth like the following pseudo-code

if IsNULL (fldref) then
   return empty
else
  return GetField(fldRef)