[V4MD] 1.9.6 DB Path Issues...

Mathew Ray mathew at iqtv.com
Wed Mar 12 17:02:39 CST 2003

This is an odd problem I thought I would try to get some feedback on...

I have a path to my database in my testing area that has approx. 73
characters. One of the folder names contains spaces, periods, and dashes,
like so:
D:\mray\ABCDEFG\ABC DEFG\for burning\ABCDEF-MacOS X.app\Contents\media\db

Either with a projector OR the actual .DIR file, the openDatabase function
couldn't find the database...I made sure the proper xtra was installed, and
that the path was correct. I even had the .DIR in a separate
folder(D:\mray\ABCDEFG\ABC DEFG\for burning) open the database in the path
above, with no problems. The only problem was opening a database within the
"MacOS X" folder from a movie that was INSIDE the "Mac OS" folder...

On a whim, I removed the space from the MacOS folder, making it
"ABCDEF-MacOSX.app" and suddenly the app started working. What's more is
that I added the space back in, and suddenly I couldn't get it to replicate
the problem!

Now that 1.9.7 release is out, I have updated to that, but I thought I would
ask if anyone has seen something like this before..

Thanks,
Mathew