V4RB BLOB HELP!

Jason Moehlman jmoehlma at moehlman.com
Tue Mar 11 19:36:39 CST 2003

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with BLOB jpeg fields.  The
last step in a conversion project from RealDB to V4RB is to get the
images code converted.

Everything else has been extremely straight forward.  I have read the
tutorial and reference code on V4RB BLOB/Picture, but no luck.

There are no errors during the reading or writing, the canvas object is
populated initially with a drag/drop event.  The image is there
initially but once the update takes place and the record pointer is
moved and the data read back there is nothing in the BLOB field.

The included RealDB code works fine.

The db_images() is a canvas object.  The image is a JPEG.

rsdb is a record set, vcdb is a VCURSOR.

RealDB writing to DB
rsdb.field(db_images(i).name).jpEGValue=db_images(i).backdrop

V4RB writing to DB
vcdb.Blobfield(db_images(i).name).setpicture(db_images(i).backdrop)

RealDB reading from DB
db_images(i).backdrop=rsdb.field(db_images(i).name).jpEGValue

Valentina reading from DB
db_images(i).backdrop=vcdb.Blobfield(db_images(i).name).getpicture()

Thanks again.

Jason