[V4RB] SQL "Create Table"

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Mar 11 21:24:32 CST 2003

on 3/11/03 8:04 PM, Erik Mueller-Harder at lists at praxisworks.com wrote:

> Hi, Ruslan --
>
> I guess our messages crossed in the ether....
>
>> 1) if  use and CLASSES you do not need use CREATE TABLE syntax
>
> The only Valentina classes I was using was one for the database itself and one
> also for a cursor.  There's no way to get around the need for them, is there?

Aha, Okay,

Then I think you do not need Class Vdatabase as module in project.
Simply do

    db = new Vdtabaase
    db.Open()

Store db as property of App class I think.

>> 3) the same true if for query to system table, And I do not
>> understand why you go to system table at all! This is not safe and
>> good way
>
> I wanted to find out whether a particular table exists already in the
> database.  Isn't checking the sysItem table the best way to do this?  What
> would be a better way?

Look, above!

You do db.Open()

No simply ask Valentina db "if it have such table"  :-)

    bo = db.BaseObject("name")

    if( bo = nil )  // ops table not exists

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com