[V4RB] SQL "Create Table"

Erik Mueller-Harder lists at praxisworks.com
Tue Mar 11 13:04:58 CST 2003

Hi, Ruslan --

I guess our messages crossed in the ether....

> 1) if  use and CLASSES you do not need use CREATE TABLE syntax

The only Valentina classes I was using was one for the database itself and one also for a cursor.  There's no way to get around the need for them, is there?

I want to do as much as possible via SQL (in order ultimately for multiple users to be able to synchronize between remote databases and have them actually "upgrade" themselves if need be).

> 2) you must not call me.Sqlexecute() inside of constructor of
> myDatabase.  Database object is not created yet, but you already try
> do queries to it.

Yup, I caught that.

> 3) the same true if for query to system table, And I do not
> understand why you go to system table at all! This is not safe and
> good way

I wanted to find out whether a particular table exists already in the database.  Isn't checking the sysItem table the best way to do this?  What would be a better way?

Thanks!

Erik