[V4RB] SQL "Create Table"

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Mar 11 19:21:51 CST 2003

on 3/11/03 2:36 PM, Erik Mueller-Harder at lists at praxisworks.com wrote:

>> I don't know why you get crash.
>
> That almost makes me feel better!  :-)
>
>> If project is simple send it to me.
>
> It's very simple.  The crash comes in the myDb constructor; I've left a break
> point in there -- just run the app & you'll find it.
>
> Thanks for your help; I'm sure it's just something stupid I'm doing wrong
> because I've hardly looked at REALbasic or Valentina in a year.
>
> FYI, I get the same crash with both Rb 5.0 and 5.1b1.

Hi Erik,

Erik, you have made SEVERAL mistakes!

1) if  use and CLASSES you do not need use CREATE TABLE syntax

2) you must not call me.Sqlexecute()
    inside of constructor of myDatabase.

    Database object is not created yet, but you already try do queries to
it.

3) the same true if for query to system table,
And I do not understand why you go to system table at all!
This is not safe and good way

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com