[V4RB] VPicture.SetPicture and RB 4.5.3

Frank Bitterlich bitterlich at gsco.de
Tue Mar 11 14:34:51 CST 2003

Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> on 3/11/03 12:36 PM, Frank Bitterlich at bitterlich at gsco.de wrote:
>
> > Ruslan,
> >
> > I got a little closer now. First of all, it doesn't seem to have
> > anything to do whether RB 4.5.3 or 4.5.2 is used.
> >
> > The V4RB Picture examples work fine on my machine.
> >
> > Now the funny part: If I put the picture into an ImageWell before I call
> > VPicture.SetPicture, no crash occurs. I don't have to do anything else
> > with the imagewell; I'm not putting the picture into the ImageWell and
> > get it back, I just put a "copy" of the picture into the ImageWell.
> > Really strange.
> >
> > What could be wrong with the picture? Or the VPicture field?
>
> Frank,
>
> I wonder if you have hear that many V4RB developer have told on this list
> that RB have bug with pictures.

Oh wow. Great. :(

Must have missed this particular bug.

> To workaround it you need
> 1) copy image to clipboard. Somebody have told this is slow ???
> 2) store image into TMP file using RB then read from file...

Hmmm. %&$§! This is bad news, both approaches are slow as hell, and I
need the maximum speed I can get (after all, this is why I'm using
Valentina. <g>)

I'll experiment a little more with the ImageWell approach, that seems to
work (heck, I could even use it as "user feedback" when importing images.)

Thanks a lot so far.

Cheers,
   Frank+++

--
Günter Schmidt & Co. oHG
Frank Bitterlich             eMail: bitterlich at gsco.de
Schlosserstr. 4              WWW:   http://www.gsco.de/gsco
D-60322 Frankfurt            Tel.:  069 / 156809-29
GERMANY                      Fax:   069 / 156809-28