[V4RB] VPicture.SetPicture and RB 4.5.3

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Mar 11 13:46:08 CST 2003

on 3/11/03 12:36 PM, Frank Bitterlich at bitterlich at gsco.de wrote:

> Ruslan,
>
> I got a little closer now. First of all, it doesn't seem to have
> anything to do whether RB 4.5.3 or 4.5.2 is used.
>
> The V4RB Picture examples work fine on my machine.
>
> Now the funny part: If I put the picture into an ImageWell before I call
> VPicture.SetPicture, no crash occurs. I don't have to do anything else
> with the imagewell; I'm not putting the picture into the ImageWell and
> get it back, I just put a "copy" of the picture into the ImageWell.
> Really strange.
>
> What could be wrong with the picture? Or the VPicture field?

Frank,

I wonder if you have hear that many V4RB developer have told on this list
that RB have bug with pictures.

To workaround it you need
1) copy image to clipboard. Somebody have told this is slow ???
2) store image into TMP file using RB then read from file...

So this is known issue I think,
You should be able fins info in list archives.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com