v4md 1.8.10b10 & director 8, pc and mac

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 6 20:20:17 CST 2003

on 3/6/03 6:16 PM, katy kuzemsky at katy at ociwen.com wrote:

> Hello,
>

> One of my clients uses v4md 1.8.10b10 & director 8 for a cdrom about his
> after sale service. It's a crossplatform application.
> (I know, it's a old version of v4md. ;-))

Argh!

> There are two version of this cdrom : one with a no-crypt database and one
> with a crypted database.
>
> The version with the no-crypt database runs all rigth but in the version
> with the crypted database, he's got problem with a field (varchar 250) and
> space in the contents of this field.
>
> More details :
> valentinadebuglevel = 2
> He run the application. Then he must type a login/password.
> For exemple :
> A1 = application with no-crypt database
> A2 = application with crypt database
> couple1 : login= "filiale", password= "pss_fgh_klgjlgj"
> couple2 : login= "interne 1", password= "psgrs_fggh_klj"
> sqlPhrase :
> "select NumUtil from util where nomUtil like '\A" & password & "\Z')
> (NumUtil is a ulong field)
>
> operation :
> pCursor = new (xtra "VCursor", dataBase.getRef(), sqlPhrase)
> listResult = pCursor.GetColumn("NumUtil")
> pCursor = 0
>
> Result :
> couple1 in A1 : OK (listResult = [2], no error with the valentinadebug)
> couple1 in A2 : OK (listResult = [2], no error with the valentinadebug)
> couple2 in A1 : OK (listResult = [3], no error with the valentinadebug)
> couple2 in A2 : not OK (listResult = [-969879446], no error with the
> valentinadebug)
>
> Have you an idea about this?

Must be some error I think.

I do not understand, so this db ALREADY exists on CD far far ago ?
And now they change some code in Lingo ?

If db is on CD then no way to re-index it now ?
What if copy db on HDD and reindex ?

May be REGEX not like some chars in that password ?
Try to use other password.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com