v4md 1.8.10b10 & director 8, pc and mac

katy kuzemsky katy at ociwen.com
Thu Mar 6 17:16:45 CST 2003

Hello,

One of my clients uses v4md 1.8.10b10 & director 8 for a cdrom about his
after sale service. It's a crossplatform application.
(I know, it's a old version of v4md. ;-))
There are two version of this cdrom : one with a no-crypt database and one
with a crypted database.

The version with the no-crypt database runs all rigth but in the version
with the crypted database, he's got problem with a field (varchar 250) and
space in the contents of this field.

More details :
valentinadebuglevel = 2
He run the application. Then he must type a login/password.
For exemple :
A1 = application with no-crypt database
A2 = application with crypt database
couple1 : login= "filiale", password= "pss_fgh_klgjlgj"
couple2 : login= "interne 1", password= "psgrs_fggh_klj"
sqlPhrase :
"select NumUtil from util where nomUtil like '\A" & password & "\Z')
(NumUtil is a ulong field)

operation :
pCursor = new (xtra "VCursor", dataBase.getRef(), sqlPhrase)
listResult = pCursor.GetColumn("NumUtil")
pCursor = 0

Result :
couple1 in A1 : OK (listResult = [2], no error with the valentinadebug)
couple1 in A2 : OK (listResult = [2], no error with the valentinadebug)
couple2 in A1 : OK (listResult = [3], no error with the valentinadebug)
couple2 in A2 : not OK (listResult = [-969879446], no error with the
valentinadebug)

Have you an idea about this?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,