RB 5.0

jda jda at his.com
Thu Mar 6 12:33:25 CST 2003

>Hi Folks,
>
>Has anyone had any experience (troubles)
>with Real Basic 5 ?  I am thinking of
>upgrading.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Art

The good news is that it has some very nice new features that I'll be
taking advantage of (like a good HTTP server socket).

The middling news is that it support Unicode much better -- the
downside for now is that Valentina doesn't do this well, yet, and so
getting the two to get along is a struggle.

The bad news is that compiling times are enormous (10 minutes or so
for my project). So I try to prototype methods in small projects and
move them to the main project when ready (and of course, they're
never ready when I do this :->).

RB 5.1 is supposed to take care of the many bugs in the shipping app,
and reduce compile times.

Jon