V4MD quirk with user permissions

niklas woermann nwoe at privat.utfors.se
Wed Mar 5 13:58:04 CST 2003

Hi!
I just discovered something, we use an installer to install a bunch of files to the users hard drive.
basically its the valentina database files and some director files.
If the user chooses to install to the default location (CSIDL_Program_files),  any restricted users wont be able to open the database.
i am no guru on windows security, but it seems the restricted users cant write anything to the program folder, and since i suppose valentina needs to
write temp files or what ever, the database calls will fail.

the problem is solved if the installation target is chosen not to be CSIDL_Program_files,

i am trying to figure out a way out of this mess, anyone have any experience with problems like these?

niklas wörmann
woermann multimedia ab
070 760 00 99

"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me
than a full frontal lobotomy""