[discussion] Schema of Valentina server licensing

Andy Fuchs andy at foxwerk.de
Sun Jun 22 11:31:41 CDT 2003

at 22.06.2003 1:22 Uhr, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> Ruslan releases 1.9.7 and starts working on 1.9.8. A bug is found in
> 1.9.7 but he fixes it ONLY in whatever is the next beta of 1.9.8. The
> official release remains at 1.9.7 and the bug is there until 1.9.8
> becomes an official release. If I want the fix, I have to get that
> beta.

Robert,

I don't get your point here... What you're criticising is just the name!!
The 'beta' 1.9.8 beta x is nothing else as a bugfix-release for 1.9.7 -> so
just rename your 1.9.8 beta to something like 1.9.7r4 and you have
automagically gotten what you're looking for ;-)

> Since beta releases can (and are) buggy (which is partly why there
> are so many of them), I should not be FORCED to join beta testing.
> Instead, a bug fix release for current official 1.9.7 should be
> issued.

If you do NOT want to join beta testing, simply ignore the betas and just
grab the one which fixes your bug, which is mostly few hours after you
reported it -> I don't know of ANY other software-company, that gives you
this amount of attention... I was always quite happy with this strategy!

--
-- Andy Fuchs
-- silent movie media
-- mailto:andy at foxwerk.de