[discussion] Schema of Valentina server licensing

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jun 22 10:49:20 CDT 2003

on 6/22/03 2:39, Robert Brenstein at rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de wrote:

>> No Robert. You wrong here.
>
> Sorry, I don't think I am wrong :)
>
>> At first CodeWarrior releases 7.0, then during next 2-3 months they ship
>> free update 7.2 and 7.3
>> Then code Warrior 8.0 is shipped. And in the next few months bug fix
>> updates: 8.2 and 8.3.
>
> Yes, but they ship 7.2 and 7.3 while working on 8. You force us to
> use betas of 8 and don't bother with bug releases for shipping
> versions (yes, I know that in your mind those betas are bug fixes but
> technically and legally they are not).

Robert,

I am not agree with you.

Following your logic, WE develop now 2.0 alphas,
But we still fix 1.9 version.

Exactly as you want.

Robert, it seems you do not recognize that we do PUBLIC betas,
While fileMaker do it probably with small group of selected developers only.

Ignore our betas, and wait for 1.9.8 RELEASE.

---
Where you see difference.

You say: FM 4 have bug.
    now you simply wait 3 months (in best case), you do NOT see their
    betas of 4.1 and wow, 3 months later you get 4.1 release.
    you say you happy.

But we do the same,
    just during 3 months you see our public 4.1b12, 4.1b15
    and 3 months later you ALSO get 4.1.
    and you say you are not happy?

Robert, where is DIFFERENCE?

I see where you think it is.
You think that our betas are less stable.
As I have explain, this is not true during last year.

So our way allow you NOT wait 3 months, but get fix tomorrow.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com