[discussion] Schema of Valentina server licensing / Academic?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jun 20 16:09:54 CDT 2003

on 6/20/03 13:55, Robert Brenstein at rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de wrote:

>>>  Are any academic discounts planned?
>>
>> I don't know. Lynn?
>> I think there is sense for this.
>>
>> Robert, as I know academic license give usually 50% discount
>> but require bulk purchase of 5 - 10 seats. Correct?
>
> Academic discounts vary but usually it is 30-80% discount on purchase.
>
>> Or one copy 50% discount,
>>     80% discount with 10 bulk purchase...
>
> You are thinking of purchases for computer labs. Usually one has
> different pricing for larger quantities.
>
>> Although what sense buy into class 10 servers?  :-)
>
> 10 servers no. But one server with more than 5-connection limit.

> I am talking about buying additional connections. As you noted
> yourself, you will actually be selling two things in parallel but you
> seem to default to considering the embedded product :)

Robert, but this is very simple.

Assume we have

    10 connections server for $300
    50 connections server for $500
    100 connections server for $700

Now academic can buy at first 10c server for $150,
And future can get upgrade 10-50 (normally at $200) for just $100.

Upgrade of connections is the same product.
So if we have academic discount for serve, this should work for connections
also.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com