Towers of Babel

Beatrix Willius bwillius at web.de
Fri Jun 20 13:48:02 CDT 2003

On Donnerstag, Jun 19, 2003, at 22:05 Europe/Berlin, Ruslan wrote:

Look, I have use MacOS and/or Windows list of languages.
Do not remember which OS was primary. Probably MacOS.

So all this details you ask about should be the same to Apples docs.

Where are used languages codes? I mean which OS use them?

This started with Christian Schmitz mentioning a function called MacCountryCodeMBS from his MBS
plugin. After testing this I got "DE" for my german system. Of course I wanted to get a list of all
possible country code. Therefore I started searching Apple's website. I found a list at

http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso639.txt

with the country codes, which I tried to match to the existing Valentina languages. I think that I will
concentrate on European languages.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius
http://www.mothsoftware.com