[discussion] Schema of Valentina server licensing // resellers

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jun 20 03:01:34 CDT 2003

on 6/20/03 1:50, Robert Brenstein at rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de wrote:

>> VDN subscribers will also be able to buy Valentina 2 Server at a
>> discounted rate. At some point, you might have a customer who wants to
>> use a single install of Valentina 2 Server serve up data to multiple,
>> different types of apps you make. It might make sense to just sell them
>> a full Valentina 2 Server (and yes, there will be an unlimited
>> connection version of this available). Paradigma prefers that VDN
>> subscribers can be competitive with resellers so that the VDN
>> subscriber's customers don't just go out and buy Valentina Server 2 from
>> someone else cheaper. It also makes the VDN subscriber competitive
>> against Paradigma direct sales.
>
> But by selling the product, the VDN subscribers become de facto
> resellers and thus assume full product support and responsibility for
> the servers they sell (tech support, consulting, returns, etc), which
> some developers may not care for. Or don't they?

Lynn,

This is good point btw.

This is why I still suggest that customer should be able go directly to
Paradigma and purchase server.

Developer that do not want take care on above issues, may simply point
customer to Paradigma, like this do all developers who use MS SQL Server.
Only Microsoft sale SQL Server.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com