[discussion] Schema of Valentina server licensing

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jun 20 02:35:10 CDT 2003

on 6/20/03 2:17, Charles Yeomans at yeomans at desuetude.com wrote:

>> Please go into more detail. The point to this is that for the duration
>> (Im thinking 2 years initially with 1 or 2 year renewals), you are
>> getting technology upgrades to the covered products and also the right
>> to continue to deploy those royalty free 5 connection servers. Another
>> consideration is that at the end of an unrenewed subscription, you
>> could
>> continue to buy additional 5 connection deployments and ala carte
>> everything.
>
> As I understand it, what you're proposing is that I purchase a
> subscription for the embedded version of VServer.  I then spend
> hundreds or thousands of hours writing software that uses it.  At the
> end of the VServer subscription period, if I fail to renew, then I can
> no longer use this embedded VServer -- which effectively means that I
> can't sell my software any more.  Is this an accurate description of
> what you have in mind?

Charles,

1) in fact you can at first spend months to develop your software using

A) DEMO of V4RB like now
B) FEEE V4RB client
C) DEMO of Vserver.

And only after this purchase VDN membership and start to sale your soft.
Does this make difference?

And even if take your scenario,
I do not believe that after 2 years of hard work you will no found say $300
to renew subscription. Or I am wrong?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com