[discussion] Schema of Valentina server licensing

Shrink2Fit at aol.com Shrink2Fit at aol.com
Thu Jun 19 18:54:10 CDT 2003

I'd like to chime in here with a question/request.

Would it be possible to have our clients purchase additional users and
get server updates through a mechanism similar to what kagi provides for
paradigmasoft now? I would like to be able to set the cost, control a web
page that supplies the information, but have fulfillment be automatated
through this proposed mechanism. Paradigma would provide a mechanism for
managing these update and give me credit for the amounts collected. Of
course we could manage all of this information ourselves and dole out
keys manually, but that implies a pre sale cash outlay instead of a just
in time purchase. The price that we pay could be related to the number of
seats sold. This sort of credit system isn't unusual and provides an
incentive to increase sales without overextending ourselves in order to
get the lower per unit price. I understand that this won't have the
result of giving Paradigma a big cash influx immediately based on
developers future sales projections, but it is a better long term method
of doing business in that it ties your success to the success of your
users. I could imagine some set up cost to be part of this system and
also a developer kit that includes a license for only the demo server
capability.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

J/