[discussion] Schema of Valentina server licensing

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jun 19 22:10:21 CDT 2003

on 6/19/03 21:06, Keith DeLong at delong at redcort.com wrote:

>> So what you think about such way of work with connection distribution?
>> Actually we ask only about second option -- "embedded server". First option
>> is clear like a day...
>>
>> Any comments will be appreciated.
>> Also any comparison with other database vendors are welcome.
>> We want clearly see our weak and strong sides.
>
> I'm a little curious by the lack of any response to Ruslan's discussion
> request. Are any of you planning multi-user Valentina based apps? Since
> development costs for embedded apps are dramatically changing from v1, I
> thought there'd be interest in this topic.  Or perhaps the initial email was
> just a bit complex.

I am also wonder on silent on this issue.   :-)

> Rulsan/Lynn,
> Could you give us an idea (or range) on what it will cost to buy vSerever
> for development and how much to distribute 50,500, 1000 applications per
> year with an embedded vServer?

I think Lynn will not wish to discover prices yet in the public way.
Lynn?

By the way, Keith, I wonder why you underline per - year ???
We do NOT have dependency on year! Correct?

Totte, when you will get free time?
I think it will be very interesting for Keith to hear your opinion about our
price scheme. Totte was happy with our first model, I think when he will see
our latest model he will become very excited.  :-)

Again, if Lynn will say no prices yet on public then we will discuss them
privately. On public only we discuss idea of licensing way.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com