Ruslan: Re: V4MD Effeciency... and licensing + Win 32 OBCD tool - small comment

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jun 18 16:58:47 CDT 2003

on 6/18/03 16:48, Chris Aernoudt at chris at pixellink.be wrote:

> I'd like to make some suggestions for the WIN32 OBCD tool, just tried it
> out:

Thank you for suggestions.
Just note, this utility will die as soon as Valentina Studio will be ready.
Vstudio will provide the same functionality -- import/export from ODBC
source.

> 1. The layout of the app should allow resizing of the column select
> lists
> 2. It's really annoying that the list on the left jumps back to the top
> when you drag a source field onto it
> 3. After importing, you should change the ok button, so that it doesn't
> try to do the import again, maybe change it to "Back" or something, and
> make it go back to the first screen or make it close the app. I pressed
> it again a few minutes ago (force of habit), when I tried to import some
> data for the first time, and this resulted in hundreds of error boxes,
> which I could only stop by killing the running process...
> 4. If you have too much time on your hands ( :) ), you could map fields
> with the same name automatically (cfr. Sql server), so that you only
> need to remove the ones you don't want to import... it's a bit of a drag
> with lots of tables with lots of fields...
> 5. Maybe, just maybe allow for loading eg. An access db without needing
> to create a DSN

> One last question; are you thinking of doing a Valentina db editing tool
> for WIN32 like the one for mac in the not so distant future (we have a
> few macs standing around here, but I'm not too fond of mac :) )?

:-)

Just 2 days ago was alpha 4 release of Valentina Studio.
It can now do practically anything related to Structure of database.
Yes, both MAC and WIN versions.

This is from Jochen:

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com