V4RB - Carbonlib 1.6 and OS 8.6 problem

Fitzbew at aol.com Fitzbew at aol.com
Tue Jun 17 18:57:22 CDT 2003

Anyone using a carbon RB app with Valentina in Mac OS 8.6 and Carbonlib 1.6?
 Today, I upgraded a machine to Carbonlib 1.6 so it would be compatible with
another RB plug-in.   However, CarbonLib 1.6 appears to have "broken"
Valentina.   Trying to open the db returns a -50 error code (no error description is
provided).

No problems under 9.X using CarbonLib 1.6.

I found a thread in the archives from July 2002 in which a Valentina user was
having a similar problem, but no solution or work around was indicated.

Does anyone have any more knowledge about this problem, or how I might work
around it?

(the July 2002 thread was started by Joerg Pressel.)