FW: AB crash

erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Tue Jun 17 16:59:58 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

got this weird report from a user, please bear with me

the user did copy a database from a Mac (OS 8.6) to another (OS X)
these machines are linked via ethernet connection

> Hi Erne,
>
> AB did it again!

AB is my AddressBook application (1 file mode)

> I log out/in, launch AB and search for "pat", everything worked well. When I

this performs a 'like' search

> tried 'pat et', AB requested permission to mount the volume where the

this performs an indexed search

> original database is stored, and no occurrences were matched (which is
> wrong).

this makes me think that Valentina is looking into the old index file

> Then I ejected the mounted volume and I searched for another string with two
> words - which it seems is the trigger for this issue -. AB asked me again to
> mount the mentioned volume, I click at the Allow once button but this time
> at the mount dialog I canceled the solicitude, just to end in an AB's
> NilObjectException error.
>
> On next launch, AB immediately asked me to mount that volume, I resignedly
> accepted, AB listed all the cards with no matches for the search (which as I
> told you before, is the wrong answer). From now on everything seems to work
> fine.

I asked him to rebuild the index (the app has a button to accomplish this)
and let me know

> Crazy!

indeed!

what do you think?