Querries on Valentina Database

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jun 17 10:40:15 CDT 2003

on 6/17/03 9:20, Sandeep Rao at sandeep.rao at hurix.com wrote:

Hi Sandeep,

> I tried  Vdsc as the filtermask for the fileio but it is still showing all
> the 3 files (.ind,.vdb,.dat) in the dialog box on the macintosh. Please note
> that I am testing this on OSX.

Very strange, it must works if you do allcorrectly.
    'Vdsc' -- this is signature for VDB file.

As I see you use Director and fileio, yes?

I think you can ask more help on this on Valentina or Director list,
Because this is issue of Open Dialog but not of Valentina.

Aha!

Do you move files from Windows to MAC computer?
If yes, then such files DO NOT have signature.
IF you will create files on MAC then signature will be here.

And OS X must also recognize extension of files like Windows.
And if fileio do not do this, then this is "bug" of it.

> I need to get this going urgently, can you please help me regarding this? If
> the filtermask does not work, can I change the mode parameter to '1' while
> creating a database file, so that it only creates one single DB file.I would
> want to know the advantages or disadvantages of creating a single DB file.
> I hope to hear from you at the earliest,

Yes you can use one file.
If you prepare db for CD then will not be big difference.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com